Thursday, August 21, 2008

home sweet home

Sorry I fell off the planet. Mera and I spent the first of the month moving from the tiny studio apartment and into the not-so-tiny house that Mera has owned for 8 years. It's a long story why Mera was living in a studio apartment instead of her house when we met, but I won't tell it now. We're still working on unpacking and setting up the place, but Mera pulled her soas muscle again and that's knocked her out of commission these last few days.

I'd like to say she pulled it with all the hard work we've been doing in the house: all the heavy lifting, all the tedious manual labor. And I know that was definitely part of it, but the straw that broke the camel's back was the fucking. Woops. Sorry sweetie. Fucking when your soas is already a little tweaked is, it turns out, a pretty bad idea. It's a good thing I don't mind waiting on her hand and foot...

Anyway, I promise to write more as soon as things get settled down a little more and as soon as Mera's back in action. Getting laid helps keep the creative juices flowing... especially where this blog is concerned.

No comments: